On Wednesday, January 1st, join me for the first games day of 2014, and the first one at my house since July!
2013 brought many changes. Closest to home, a 1/1000 flood changed the course of Four Mile Canyon Creek and the continuity of Wagonwheel Gap Rd. The water's mostly back where it belongs, washed out sections of street have been replaced with a flat dirt road, and all my books are back on the shelves.
Not all is back the way it was, though. The Anne U. White trail is closed (on account of no longer being a trail). And the road shoulder at the bottom of my driveway where everyone used to park is now a steep ditch, unsuitable for parking.
If you would like to join the fun, please follow these three requests:
* RSVP so I know how many to expect
* Carpool if at all possible
* Call 303-EEL-WANG before arriving† for updated parking instructions based on the situation that afternoon
† Your cellphone probably won't work in the canyon. If you're calling from the road, do so around Broadway & Lee Hill. Or just call from home and don't use the phone while driving.
In other respects, this will be a normal games day. Feel free to bring
* games you'd like to play (new holiday gifts?); I have plenty here
* food and beverages to share; I'll have beer and several snacks
* friends and family young and old (especially if you carpool)
Arrive at 2pm or later; leave when you get tired, bored, or turn into a pumpkin.
Happy New Year, Hogmanay, Omisoka, Kwanzaa, Boxing Day, Christmas, Nochebuena, Festivus, Yule, Dongzhi, Yalda, Thiruvathira, Ziemassvetki, Korochun, Saturnalia, Dhanu, Bodhi Day, Hanukkah, and all other winter holidays,
Trevor and Kelly